While I have been making this delicious immune-boosting soup for over twenty years, I just recently wrote out the recipe so I could share with Greg’s sister and brother ‘n law, whom we recently had over for dinner, and this is what we served 😋 It was a cozy evening and we really had a nice time. Not only is Greg sweet ‘n special, but he has a sweet ‘n special family, too ❤️
Anyway, I’m happy to finally be sharing this recipe, so here it is:
3 or 4 celery stalks, chopped
3 or 4 garlic cloves, chopped
1. Add a generous amount of olive oil to your soup pot and add the onions, celery and garlic
2. Sauté the onions, celery and garlic, adding salt and pepper as you gently stir to combine
3. Add the potatoes and season everything in the pot with dill, paprika and some hot pepper flakes.
4. Continue to sauté until the onions and celery are translucent and fragrant
5. Add the corn and stir to blend
6. Once everything is well blended and heated through, add the chicken broth
7. Let everything simmer on low heat until potatoes are just about at desired tenderness
8. Add the evaporated milk; if more liquid is needed, now is a good time to add more chicken broth
9. Lay the salmon filet, skin side up, on top of the soup
10. Cover pot slightly and simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes or until you can easily lift the skin off the salmon
11. After removing skin, break up the salmon into bite-size pieces
12. Add more salt, pepper, dill and paprika if needed/desired
Also, you might like to add a few generous shakes of Tabasco (my favorite addition to just about everything, LOL)
I like to serve this soup with cast iron skillet cornbread or a warm baguette.
If you make this recipe, please send me a photo and let me know what you did different 😊 And, please feel free to follow my blog if you’d like to know when I post new recipes.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope everyone is feeling well 😊
Another great post. I wish the rest of my family liked salmon😩 Nice to read a post like this,
in the midst of so much bad news. Keep cookin’ Karla!
What!?! I didn’t realize they didn’t like salmon . . . thanks always for your feedback bro!
Hi Karla! This sounds delicious and I am going to make it next Friday! Sara is here and we both love Salmon!! Great to have another Friday during Lent meal!
You are such an awesome cook! Thanks for sharing it! And, by the way, I have no doubt that Greg has a sweet family-he is a great guy! Take care and stay well, my friend!!
Thanks for commenting Evette! You’ll have to let me know how your chowder turns out, what you do differently, etc. Big hugs to you and yours 😘
Yummmmmm…..hi to sweet n’ special Greg😄
Thanks for your comment KFlo! Yummmmm on this recipe is right 😋 I’ll pass along your greeting to S&S 🥰